Posted: 10 June 2008
Ecotourist destinations are gaining increasing publicity through press and television. The examples provided in the websites below range from the simple to the sophisticated. No judgment is made by this website on the environmental and social credentials of these holidays.
- Tourism Concern's Ethical Travel Guide: A resource for responsible global travel with an extensive directory listing places to visit and stay in over 60 countries.
- Ecoescape: A green travel guide and online directory of environmentally friendly places to stay and visit in the UK.
- Ethical Traveler: A grass-roots alliance uniting adventurers, tourists, travel agencies, and outfitters - everyone who loves to travel, and sees travel as a positive force in the world.
- Green Tourism Business Scheme: A leading sustainable tourism certification scheme in the UK which accredits a range of different types of accommodation providers and places to visit which are all making efforts to reduce environmental impact.
- Ecohotels of the World: Online guide to eco-friendly hotels all over the world.
- From Times online: 20 Classic Green Holidays: A list of 20 ways to have a green holiday from ecolodges in Costa Rica to taking a train all the way to Marrakech.
For more accredited ecotourism destinations and tour providers, see:responsibletravel.com, ecoclub.com, ecotravel.com, planeta.com, sustainabletourism.net, The International Ecotourism Society, and The Travel Foundation.
- Welcome to our Website
- End water injustice in Goa tourism
- Dispatches from South India: Alleppey's dirty waters
- Fighting poverty in Nepal's Year of Tourism
- SUCCESS STORY: Wasini women protect a unique coral island
- Selva Bananito Ecolodge
- Coastlines and cruises
- Tourism and people
- Ecotourist destinations
- Global tourism: growing fast
- "Kick the CO2 Habit" - it may be easier than you think
- Tourism and the environment
- Tourism and conservation
- Worldwatch Institute
- Sustainable Development International